When building a country house, a person allows his imagination to create. Luxurious castles, as if from children's books, begin to build brick by brick on the site. The owner tries not to save money and always chooses the best products for the home, since the durability of the structure depends on this.
Two-story buildings are in great demand and here it is necessary to pay special attention to the stairs. After all, they are able to fill the house with new colors and complement the interior, giving it a modest or royal look. And to make it easier to choose the right option, the editors of the site "best-en.designuspro.com" have prepared for you a rating of the best stairs for installation on the second floor for 2020
- 1 Model design
- 2 How to choose the best option for the second floor
- 3 More about each representative
- 4 Rating of quality representatives, as well as materials of manufacture
- 5 Finally
A staircase in a country house is a solid structure, it is connected to the floor, walls or some ceilings. They have only one function that has not changed for a thousand years: to enable you to move between floors.
However, this is not the only thing that is required of it, besides this, it must meet all safety standards and be easy to maintain, look beautiful and correspond to a single color scheme. Then its functionality will be revealed by 100%.
In the 21st century, there are tens of thousands of models, from different manufacturers and made from standard and unusual materials. To find the optimal configuration, a person needs to consider the size of the room and the design style.
How to choose the best option for the second floor
Today the market is overflowing with various models, because of such a variety, it is easy to choose the option that will become practical and bring harmony to the house. In addition, a person is able to independently choose the shape of the future structure. Basically, 5 types of structures are more popular:
- Modular, made on kosoura;
- Screw products;
- Straight one-march;
More about each representative
This is a unique and unusual option that is used in many homes. The principle of its structure is simple. So a special rack or pillar is used, to which the steps are attached. The main requirement for the material is reliability, therefore it is often made of metal. The fastening is carried out as follows, the elements are mounted to the post with the narrow side, and to the post with the wide one. The presence of risers in this design is not provided.
- Attractive appearance;
- Small dimensions that provide more usable space;
Also, when choosing this option, one must not forget that:
- To ensure the greatest comfort and safety, the optimal size for the center width should be more than 20-25 cm, while the wide part should not exceed 40 cm.
- Most often, these stairs are made of wood and metal in order to provide the user with greater safety.
- Screw products can be placed both against the wall and in the middle of the room. However, they are installed less often than standard options. This is due to the fact that it is difficult to move on such a design and it is necessary to remain vigilant and attentive.
- Most often, such options are installed as auxiliary ones. Such ladders have proven themselves in rooms where there is no room for standard models. On the market, models with a diameter of more than 3 meters are rarely offered, because most craftsmen use a large opening for the use of marching representatives.
- Spiral staircases are suitable for owners of small houses who want to save useful space, but it is important to understand that the smaller the opening, the steeper the ascent or descent will be. Therefore, it is not recommended to install such a structure in a house where there are elderly people and small children.
From the translation into Russian "bolts" means a pin or a bolt. Such products should not be placed in the center of the room. Bolts are used for installation, so it is necessary that a wall be located on at least one side. In addition, some craftsmen make such models on steel supports made in the form of rods.
The structure will be the ideal solution if the owner needs to get compactness and lightness.
When choosing this option, it is important to remember:
- The bolts are mounted using rubber gaskets, so it becomes possible to adjust the height of the steps. The advantage of this option is that it allows the sun's rays to pass through unhindered, so the room will always be illuminated to the maximum.
- The staircases on the bolts have beautiful curved railings. The stringer or bowstring is completely absent.
- A great advantage is the reliability of the structure, so one step is able to withstand a mass of up to 2 tons.
This option is one of the most demanded and widespread. It is most often offered on the market. The design is capable of performing in such a way that all biomechanical movements are taken into account, which will give the user more safety and reliability. Used in medium to large country houses.
The main advantages of such a structure are reliability, variety and low cost, which makes it possible to choose the appropriate option when the time is limited.
All you need to know about this design:
- The main element of the design is marches, their number depends on the layout of the house. The installation also takes into account the peculiarity and purpose of the room.
- The span is capable of containing from 3 to 15 steps. Failure to follow this instruction will make it difficult for the owner to lift.
- The standard flight of stairs is made of 11 steps. For long buildings, it is mandatory to divide into 2 parts, where there are special gaps. Such models are called: two-march.
Also, when choosing parameters, such indicators as the area and height of the ceilings are taken into account. The main role in the construction is played by the placement of the second floor.
In shape, there are 3 types of marching structures:
- Direct. Reliability, convenience and durability are the main criteria in the manufacture of this option.
- Swivel. Such models can be L-shaped and U-shaped. Most often, this option is used in large country houses, where it is necessary to build a staircase of more than 18 steps. Rotary structures are placed along the walls, which makes it possible to place a storage room or utility room, which will be located under them.
- Curved. The main feature of this shape is the width of the narrow end, which should be more than 10 cm. It is important to understand that movement along such a structure must be done with all attention, since the legs will not feel sufficient support.
In addition, marching structures are distinguished by the method of attachment. The market has only two options:
- On kosoura. In this version, the steps are placed on top of the beams, and risers are installed from the end.It is important to know that such models are not widely popular and will be perfectly combined only in houses that are made in country style.
- The second method of fastening is on bowstrings. To do this, holes are made on the inside of the support element to fix the steps. The main part of this structure is the inclined beam, which runs along its entire length. The thickness of such a structure is over 8 cm. This option is used only in large houses, since the structure is large, the width can reach up to 2 meters and more.
In addition, a person also needs to choose the type of steps that would be in perfect harmony with the overall design. There are only two types. Elements with risers, which are large in size and fit well into the classic style. The second option is without them, such models are designed to be placed in a room with a modern style.
Rating of quality representatives, as well as materials of manufacture
Metal is often used in the manufacture of stairs, as it has a high strength and durability. In addition, it has an excellent appearance, which makes it possible to use the structure in almost any room, without thinking about the area.
The material is mainly used for the installation of external structures (attic, upper floor, attic), but it is also indispensable for providing a rise to the second floor. Such structures can be either completely made of metal, or have only a base. There are only two types of models: welded and forged, the latter being several times larger.
The main structural element is a reliable beam, I-beam or channel. These products account for up to 90% of the load, and a ladder is also fixed to the beam. The advantage is also attributed to high resistance to corrosion, since most of the specimens are made of high quality stainless steel, which can stand for over 50 years.
LESENKA LES-06 H-2760 mm
An excellent option with a unique modification that will last a long period, while providing the user with reliability and safety. The turn of the stairs is 180 degrees. The maximum lifting height is 2760 mm. The material used in the manufacture is stainless steel. The mass of the structure is 88.5 kg. The product is covered by a one-year warranty. Production is carried out in Russia.
The average cost is 26,000 rubles.
- High-quality assembly;
- Not found.
An excellent model made on a metal frame, which will give the user a beautiful appearance and reliability. The main feature of this design is the ability to install it in any room and almost any design. The staircase will look organic and give a fresh look to the old interior.
The average cost is 60,000 rubles.
- Manufacturing is carried out only from quality materials;
- Beautiful design;
- High indicator of the operational life;
- Withstands heavy loads.
- Not found.
These models are intended only for one thing: to give the interior an unusual and new look. Therefore, if a person is not picky about the characteristics, and all he needs is design, then this material is beyond any competition. Of course, we can not talk about the reliability of such a product, because for daily use it is better to build a more functional and comfortable staircase.
This design is ideal for rooms that are made in the style of bionics, hi-tech, techno, etc. Using such a copy, a person will find the perfect balance between objects made of stone and wood.
Staircase with glass steps
A beautiful and original model that will perfectly fit into the suburban interior and give the house a new look. The main element of the frame is stainless steel, and the steps are completely made of tempered glass.Thanks to this quality, high reliability and durability are ensured, which makes it possible to operate the item for a long period.
Sold at a price of 70,000 rubles.
- Unique design;
- Easy to clean.
- Not found.
An Italian piece that is intended for use with modern interiors. The build quality is at a premium level, and the appearance will delight the owner for decades.
The average price is from 100,000 rubles.
- Manufactured according to European standards;
- Not found.
This is the best and highest quality material for stairs. It is used more often than others. Wooden stairs can be completed on a turnkey basis, and the work is done of any complexity. The best option would be if a person orders a marching version of the product, it looks more organic and gives the interior freshness.
The best option for manufacturing is beech, walnut, ash. Only these species are able to fully meet the user's requirements and preserve the tree for decades. But also, you can use wenge, oak or conifers. Of course, the cost will be lower, but availability will increase.
It is also recommended to purchase models that have a good varnish finish. This will protect the structure from the negative effects of bugs and moisture, and also, thanks to this, the tree will not absorb moisture.
Nice pine staircase that will perfectly fit into any interior. The assembly is carried out by professionals, and the durability and quality of the structure are at a high level. In addition, this option has an affordable cost and can be placed in any room.
The average price is 20,000 rubles.
- Natural elements;
- The smell of nature;
- Affordable price;
- Light weight compared to other materials.
- Squeaks will appear over time.
Beech ladder LS-1.2хм
A beautiful and original staircase, which is more intended for people who prefer antiquity instead of hi-tech. The construction will give the interior an unusual ancient look. Manufacturing is carried out according to modern technologies, beech is used as the main material.
The average cost is 60,000 rubles.
- Antique appearance;
- Value for money;
- Long service life.
- Not found.
It is one of the best materials for both exterior and interior staircases. Models made of stone will give the room a rich and elegant look.
Most often, production is carried out from granite, slate, dozens of shades of marble, quartzite, etc. The main advantages of stone structures are durability, high resistance to the effects of an adverse environment, preservation of their appearance for decades.
Black granite staircase
Royal appearance and luxury is what this piece gives to the user. Everything about this staircase is perfect. The only drawback is that it will not suit everyone's interior. Basically, a person will have to create a design based on the style of this structure, on the contrary, it will not work.
Sold at a price of 8,000 rubles per running meter.
- Premium appearance;
- Does not slip.
- Not found.
Staircase to the second floor made of red granite
A more expensive option that works great for a modern style. Each component is made of durable material that will last beyond the specified period and will retain its primary appearance for many years.
Sold at a price of 14,000 rubles per running meter.
- Preservation of appearance;
- Beautiful design.
- Not found.
Choosing a staircase is a responsible process that requires maximum attention. It is best to order such structures by calling an employee who will take measurements, and also consult with designers who will select a suitable option for the interior. If you have experience in using ladder structures described in the rating, or more interesting representatives, tell us about it in the comments.