You have a dacha. That's good luck. Or not Indeed, for many, the word "dacha" causes a surge of panic. Weeding, planting, watering. But, the most important thing is the digging of the site. A laborious process that requires a lot of physical effort. Currently, manufacturers offer a wide range of garden tools and equipment that can facilitate work in the garden. Today we will consider the advantages and disadvantages of motor winches and try to choose the best one.
- 1 Motor winch: what is it
- 2 TOP-8 best motor winches
Motor winch: what is it
One of the simplest and relatively budgetary devices for plowing the land. Main components:
- chain or belt drive motor;
- a cable to which a plow or hiller is attached;
- fixing the winch securely in place.
The meaning of the work is as follows. A winch is installed at one end of the section. The hitch is assigned to another. Attach a plow or hiller. The person behind the control panel starts the equipment.
Available in two versions.
- With a petrol or diesel engine. Among the advantages of such equipment are mobility, power and functionality. Land owners do not depend on electricity. There is no need for extension cords and power supplies located throughout the suburban area. As a rule, this kind of equipment also implies extended functionality. It can be used to move loads horizontally or be used as a circular saw.
- The functionality of electrically driven motor winches is somewhat narrower. Although many of them can also be used to move loads in a horizontal position. On the other hand, they are more compact, lightweight, easy to operate. True, they cannot be used in non-electrified areas. Do not work during rain or thunderstorm.
The choice of a particular type of winch depends on the preferences and capabilities of the land owners. In addition, it is worth considering the pulling force, travel speed, cable length.
Advantages and disadvantages
Gardeners using any type of motor winch note both their advantages and disadvantages. They are compared, as a rule, with motor cultivators and walk-behind tractors.
Among the benefits are named.
- Budgetary cost. Indeed, if the site is small, then there is no point in spending money on purchasing more powerful equipment. Moreover, a walk-behind tractor costs at least 2-3 times more than a winch. And if the owners visit the dacha only on weekends, the question will inevitably arise of where to store rather bulky and expensive equipment.
- Compactness. They fit easily into the trunk of a car and won't take up much space in a closet or veranda.
- Light weight. Most models weigh up to 70 kg. Considering that you will have to constantly work only with a plow or a hiller, then this is a good option for older people who find it difficult to cope with a powerful walk-behind tractor.
- Ease of management. As a rule, two buttons "On" and "Off" and a foot brake are enough to control. A woman or teenager can easily cope with such a system.
However, there are also many disadvantages.
- First of all, it is that two people are needed to ensure the work.One of them must directly control the winch. The second is to walk behind the plow.
- Limited range. In most models, the length of the cables is between 40 and 80 m. If the area is larger, the equipment will have to be moved.
At the same time, motor winches do not need numerous adjustments before operation. They are more economical in terms of fuel consumption.
TOP-8 best motor winches
To be honest, the choice of such equipment on the market is small. It is divided by 5-6 large manufacturers of garden equipment. The range of prices is also small. Mostly from 20,000 to 30,000 rubles. Cost depends on brand, engine type, and functionality.
Do not think that inexpensive models have poor build quality or unreliable performance. Rather, it will be a small number of functions or a weak engine. However, there is always a demand for them. Not everyone needs multifunctional winches. And if the land on the site is light or is constantly plowed, then it makes no sense to overpay for additional horsepower.
The "Boomerang 2000" agricultural winch is one of the new developments of Russian production. Equipped with a 2.5 kWh electric motor. This is enough to process a small plot of land. Indeed, in one minute the plow travels 35-40 m. A distinctive feature is a small, about 35 kg weight and small dimensions. Such results were achieved due to the fact that the equipment has almost no external casing. At the same time, the motor winch is safe and easy to operate. It is carried out using a lever fixed to the bed.
- Compact and lightweight, which allows people of any size and age to work with it;
- Ease of controls;
- Equipped with an additional brake that does not allow the cable to get tangled during operation;
- The bed is adjustable in height;
- Reliable lug system.
- Requires the availability of electricity on the site;
- Open areas of the device quickly become dirty during operation;
- Not equipped with an emergency braking system when the plow collides with an obstacle;
- Not suitable for large areas.
A compact device will cost 20,000-21,000 rubles and will be a good help at a summer cottage.
Stalker Lifan 168F2
An interesting option with a gasoline engine and a two-stage chain reducer. Adjustment is possible for light and heavy soil as the equipment operates at two speeds. In this case, the speed of passage is from 3 to 5 km / h. When not in use, it is small in size and fits easily into the trunk of a car. The launch is carried out using a rope. Braking is carried out using a foot pedal.
- Relatively lightweight for petrol powered motor winches. Weighs about 50 kg;
- Two speeds;
- Chain drive. Perhaps this is the main advantage of this model. It is free from such disadvantages as belt slippage and deformation during active use;
- The ability to use to move objects on a horizontal or inclined plane;
- According to customer reviews, the device is equipped with a reliable motor that works for a long time without failures and breakdowns.
- These include the foot brake, which is rather inconvenient at the beginning of work. But, as you use the equipment, you quickly get used to it;
- Unprotected cable.
The model can be attributed to the budget with a big stretch. The winch itself will cost about 21,000 rubles. But, if you order it with attachments, the price rises to 25,000-26,000 rubles.
Multifunctional motor winch with two-stage transmission, capacity 6.5 liters. from. The device can be used not only for plowing plots, but also for moving loads. In the first case, it works in two modes, at speeds of 2.2 and 5.1 km / h. In the second case, it is capable of moving weight in the horizontal plane up to 400 kg.And if necessary, up to 600 kg. However, it should be borne in mind that the winch is not designed for constant work in such an intensive mode.
- A weight of 50 kg and dimensions of 580 * 340 * 630 cm when folded can be considered optimal for a rather powerful device;
- Chain transmission that does not need additional settings;
- Excellent wire rope feeder design. Even if it is not completely closed, as in more expensive models, friction against the ground or the body is excluded;
- There is an emergency braking system;
- The speeds are switched with a pedal, and the modes can be turned on / off on the manual control panel;
- Attached equipment allows you to use the winch as a self-propelled cart, hoist, circular saw;
- Customers especially appreciated the fact that the exhaust gases are diverted to the side and do not reach the operator standing at the console.
- Unfortunately, the developers, in pursuit of functionality, deprived the base of the winch of grousers. It takes a lot of effort to keep it in place when plowing.
- For the same reason, it is difficult to install it in areas with slopes or natural unevenness.
The ML-1RX Bull costs about 23,000 rubles. The set includes a plow and a hiller.
The choice of such models is relatively wide. But we can't say that they are very different from budget motor winches. One of the advantages is the closed housing, which ensures long-term performance and operational safety.
One of the old, time-tested models with an electric drive, made in Belarus. It is possible that it does not differ in its beautiful design, but with proper care it will serve the gardeners faithfully for many years. It is compact and relatively lightweight. Moreover, it is made in an all-metal case. Manufacturers state that the winch is designed exclusively for plowing the soil and moving small loads over short distances. However, it is worth going to Belarusian sites dedicated to agricultural work and see how to independently make a trailed one for a winch. From harrow to potato digger.
- Metal body;
- All mechanisms, including the cable, are closed;
- Reliable engine;
- Easy to manage. All buttons are located on the top panel, right in front of the operator's eyes;
- Possibility to adjust the rope winding speed;
- Equipped with an automatic brake. If the operator does not have time to react in time, the plow or hiller will stop on its own when it hits an obstacle.
- Sometimes the cable gets tangled when winding on the drum;
- Belting. However, as in all electrically driven motor winches;
- The lug is made of soft metal in the form of a plate. May be deformed when working in heavy soils.
The cost of "Mogilev LS-100A" is 24000-25000 rubles. Sold complete with plow and hiller.
The shape is analogous to the previous product. In terms of content, it has some differences, both for the better and for the worse. The main advantage is its compactness and excellent mobility. The motor winch weighs no more than 42 kg. However, to reduce the weight, it was necessary to reduce the length of the cable to 40 m. Powered by a 1.5 kW electric motor. The product will certainly be appreciated by older owners of small garden plots. Or summer residents who prefer not to bother growing a large amount of agricultural products, but who want to have fresh herbs or vegetables on the table in the summer.
- Lightweight and compact;
- Equipped with wheels and comfortable handles for moving around the site;
- All-metal body;
- To operate, you only need two buttons located on the top panel. And a pedal for cable unwinding.
- Speed is not regulated;
- There is no automatic brake;
- Not suitable for moving loads.
The cost of a motor winch complete with a plow and a hiller is 24,000 rubles. Many consider the price to be overpriced.
The optimal ratio of price, quality and functionality. The motor winch will help plow the area, plow up the beds, move loads in a horizontal, inclined and even vertical position, cut boards or beams. The equipment is equipped with a 6.5 liter engine. from. and a two-speed gearbox. The model is compact. Bases and bases can be easily removed. In this form, the winch can be stored at home.
- Lightweight, only 40 kg;
- Compact, in an idle state it is a 60 by 60 cm cube;
- Economical in terms of fuel consumption;
- Equipped with a reliable Lifan engine;
- It can move up to 600 kg of cargo;
- Easy to operate, with gear shifting and speed control, both a woman and a teenager will understand;
- The wide, folding base with powerful teeth allows the winch to be fixed in any area.
- Cost and equipment. "Bychok ML-1M" with a plow and a hiller will cost 28,000 rubles.
Considering the models of premium motor winches, you should not expect that they themselves will plow the area, sow seeds and harvest. But, there are still some differences.
Powerful and convenient motor winch for work on the land. Able to move loads up to 450 kg in the horizontal and inclined plane. The maximum plowing speed is 4.5 km / h. It is compact and weighs 50 kg.
- Reliable four-stroke engine;
- Smooth speed control;
- Manual control, using the buttons on the panel, is duplicated by a pedal;
- Powerful base with a workstation for the operator;
- Steel teeth that sink easily into the soil and prevent the bed from moving;
- The presence of an automatic brake.
- Belting. However, there are no complaints about belt slippage or its quick failure from buyers;
- Small functionality.
All the shortcomings pale before the price of 25,000 rubles for a truly reliable model that will last for many years.
One of the latest developments of Russian manufacturers from Izhevsk. The main difference from the models presented above is the disc clutch. Today it is considered the most reliable. The model itself is compact, lightweight, and at the same time stable.
- Folded dimensions 63 * 63 * 34 cm;
- Weight 50 kg;
- The cable length is 80 m, which is practically a record for motor winches;
- Reinforced, steel base pipes;
- Telescopic handle for height adjustment;
- Chain reducer;
- Economical fuel consumption;
- Duplicate controls. You can control the work using buttons or a pedal;
- Unique plow design and 6.5 HP winch power. from. allow deep plowing of the soil.
- It can only be used for processing soil and moving loads horizontally or at a slight slope.
The cost of the winch itself is 26,000 rubles. Complete with attachments - about 30,000 rubles.
A motor winch for agricultural work often becomes an indispensable assistant at a summer cottage. Even though it requires two people to operate, its performance is much higher than when swinging a shovel. This means there will be time for a pleasant pastime in the country. Gatherings with friends, activities with children, fishing or walking.